Double H strives to deliver the highest standard of indoor plants to the UK’s largest and leading supermarkets. We aim to keep ahead of the competition by analysing the latest trends in packaging, hardware and plant varieties, as well as conducting consumer research to make sure we are offering the customer ‘in demand’ and on trend products. Our company is driven by an aspiration for excellence and underpinned by our passionate staff. At the heart of the company is a powerful fusion of dedicated and highly skilled employees creating a unique and talented workforce.
We grow a variety of plants on site as well as offering alternative products using more unusual traded plants. Double H employs a team of dynamic and skilled people with shared values and a passion that enables us to achieve successful outcomes and above all beautiful products for everyone to enjoy.
We aim to ensure:
- That each and every plant we grow has been tested to see how it will perform in the home, to make sure we produce a long lasting and durable product.
- Our plants come with care tips and guidelines to help look after each plant to maximise the longevity and beauty.
- To carry out regular customer and trend research. We aim to find out what varieties, colours, packaging and hardware are most popular to make sure our customer receives innovative ‘in demand’ products.
- To carefully pack our plants and transport our products in the best travelling conditions to ensure they get to their destination safely and quickly.
- To strive for sustainable alternative ways of working to reduce our impact on the environment, as we believe this is important to all of us.
Our origins go back four generations to when Joe Stevenson grew Sweet Peas and Carnations in a Nursery to the east of New Milton. Hugh Stevenson moved to the existing site on Gore Road in 1961 to start growing Chrysanthemums; soon after this he joined forces with Helmut Gimmler to form Double H Nurseries. They built a successful and traditional nursery competing against other UK growers and sending plants by rail to wholesale markets for sale to florists.
Today, Double H Nurseries now grow a variety of plants and supply some of the UK’s largest supermarkets with products. We have built new Orchid houses using the latest innovative technology, to make sure we produce and pack visually outstanding plants in a sustainable and efficient way.
We are currently investing in new and exciting building developments to extend our Rose houses and office space to keep abreast of growing demand. You can view the progress our new building development on our Facebook page: